KKids > Serve > Fundraising ideas
Conducting a K-Kids club fundraising project can be a sensitive issue, especially if it is perceived that the club’s fundraising activities might interfere with the school’s fundraising efforts. The key to conducting a successful fundraiser is to work with school administration and raise funds for school equipment or betterment.
When thinking about raising funds consider all possibilities. Your K-Kids club can work with the sponsoring Kiwanis club to seek funding from community organizations. Remember to include the school's parent, teacher group when planning.
Some of these fundraising suggestions might be applicable for your club, and some may not. Consider the following possibilities, and remember to review school policy and conduct only fundraising projects that fall within policy guidelines. These generally apply to schools within the United States.
Kiwanis fundraising guide
US school fundraising programs
Matching fund opportunities
- A printing business might donate printing for the school newsletter and calendar.
- A retail store might provide clothing items for a clothing-collecting project for the needy.
- Local companies might donate materials for betterment of the school.
- A local florist might provide flowers at cost to sell as a fundraiser at special school functions.
- Learn more about seeking business sponsorship.