Terrific Kids > Resources > Finding business sponsors
Finding business sponsors
Where to look
- Ask school faculty for suggestions.
- Ask Parent Teacher Organization/Parent Teacher Association members for suggestions.
- Conduct online research and look for businesses that provide funding for community service projects. These businesses are more likely to provide support.
- Ask Kiwanis club members for suggestions.
- Use the Business Sponsorship Checklist to record school statistics to share with the prospective sponsor. Use this as a reference when meeting with the prospective business sponsor.
- Thank the prospective sponsor for attending the meeting.
- Refer to the Kiwanis brochure and share key points about Kiwanis and Terrific Kids.
- Share information with the prospective sponsor about the benefits of becoming a Terrific Kids business sponsor.
Improved community image
- Provide examples of how the business sponsor’s name/brand will be promoted. Here are some suggested ways to promote a business sponsor within your community.
Materials going home to parents
News releases sent to local media
Name recognition on bumper stickers
- Provide options for contributing resources to the Terrific Kids program.
Provide supplies for recognition events
Provide refreshments for recognition parties
Provide Terrific Kids T-shirts for recipients
Provide discount coupons
- Send a thank-you card or note to the business sponsor.
- When sending news releases about Terrific Kids recipients to local media, mention the business sponsor’s name. If the news release is published in the newspaper, send a copy of the newspaper article with a thank-you note to the business sponsor.
- Invite the business sponsor to a Terrific Kids recognition event. Conduct a recognition ceremony to say thank you. Present the business sponsor with a gift. The Kiwanis Store has great gift ideas.